I had this problem last week - needed to generate . My method was to use an entity declaration <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp " "> <!-- white space in XSL --> ]> Sadly, this doesn’t work with MSXML3 or MSXML4. The generated HTML has a space ' ' character rather than After some googling, found the answer and a workaround on the xsl list
Am back on XML/XSL now. I’m in need of a good XSL editor - good being defined as Support intellisense Have a decent XPATH visualizer Debugging (optional) FREE :)) Editor with regexp support for search/replace (We all write XHTML. But if you need to start of with an existing HTML page, 99 times out of hundered, its not going to be XHTML)
Came across this article on some advances to NUnit that I found missing! Great stuff, but I guess I’ll have to wait until this gets into NUnit. Very useful article - explores points where unit testing doesn’t work well enough (atleast the normal set of tools available). The Code Project - Advanced Unit Testing, Part I - Overview - C# Programming
Pretty useful stuff. Just used this to send out personalized invitation emails to all my friends. Email message attachments in Perl Additional note: If you’re using a MS Exchange server like me, most likely, you will not be able to send out email outside your organization. To work around this, you need to use the sign in to your SMTP server using the auth method in Net::SMTP. Give your domain username (just the username) and the password in the call to auth.
Been off the blog for sometime now. Been a bit busy with work and also with preparations for marriage (on Nov 7th) so haven’t got much time in between to post. Here’s something interesting (and hopefully useful). I’ve always been a fan of Log4Net (http://logging.apache.org/log4net). However, on this occasion, I had to use something that was custom built (using open source doesn’t go well with certain customers). So decided to look into System.
Have put together a skeleton of a Region matching library in Perl. Idea was triggered from the log analysis script that I was writing last week. That worked pretty well, except for the fact that my fiance wanted to do other little bits with some other regions of the same file. And then I got thinking and realized that 90% of the time I am trying to match text delimited by some patterns and trying to do something with the text in between - for instance, add log statements at start and end of function calls in a VB.
Have spent the better part of yesterday night writing a Perl script to aid my fiance' in doing some log analysis. And I’m no Perl guru - my biggest Perl program till date wouldn’t have been more than a 100 lines. Here’s my raves and rants on it Raves Most powerful reg ex capabilities with a full programming language to back it up! Large and powerful standard library.
So I managed to get myself a gmail account - raghu dot rajagopalan at gmail dot com :). And I love google groups access. However, wanted to know if there is some way where my posts don’t show my email address. Have posted a query to google feedback - will let you know if something comes of it. Meanwhile have started looking at NUnitForms - have to try out some code to see if it’s as nice as nunit.
Havent really been active on the blog - kind of ignored it till now. Anyway, I’m back, fwiw. There’s been quite a lot of changes here and I guess that’s the thing that’s kept me from blogging - add to it the fact that I’m new to maintaining a journal on the web. These days am looking for some generous person to invite me to Gmail. Haven’t really done much on the programming front - other than digging around to find out if I can launch an executable on the client from a web page without the warning pop ups.